Saturday 26 July 2008

Ah, what the hell...

I'm back. "Where he belongs" some may add. Maybe it's true?But to what extent?Am I really becoming an alien (coincidence) in Poland?An ex-pat?It's been only a year in Iran, so not that long. But it's still some time before I finish my contract. Who knows what then?!Do you know?Can you tell me where I am going to go this time?
One thing's for sure. I am planning the trip of my life. 2 months in Asia. Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand (I've got my agent right there now :) ), Laos. Keep your fingers crossed. And of course all of you are very invited to accompany me, at least for some time.
Anyway. As most of you know I've changed my colors. Am now working for a different employer, in the same place as before. On slightly different terms. That's all you need to know. You never know who's reading this :)
We live in the same camp as during my second spell in Iran. The one with a pond and a cat. It's ok. But now Iran and Tabas is not quite the place to be. It's the middle of the summer. Hot as hell. Hotter than last year. Haile garm, mister, haile garm. Di sol, haile garm nist! :)
Don't really know what to start with. So i'll start with my holiday. Yes, I was in Poland for a bit longer than two weeks in June (managed to see the excellent performance our national team put up during the Euro. It was so splendid, that even one english referee lost his head and one polish chap, working in Iran, lost 200PLN on that game).
The time in Poland was great. As always. Especially if you're going for a short time. Lot's of things happening, lot's of friends around (actually I still have some friends and thank you for that).
For the first time in my life I went to Krakow to party (strange, as my grand mother lives there). And I fell in love with this city. IT IS PURE MAGIC. Me mate from university works there and he showed me around. We visited a few places, I met lots of different people (from all over the world) and saw hordes of drunk englishmen :) Come on. Can you believe that I even danced to Village People's "YMCA" on a hen party?? (No, i did not earn extra money as a stripper though it might be tempting, judging by the applause i got). If you can, go to Krakow. Especially in the summer.
I also went to see The Police in concert. In Chorzow.
They still have it...
Every little thing they played was magic, one could say rephrasing one of their songs. 90 minutes (a bit too short) of great music. I was singing (oh my god), dancing (show me the moves, baby) and jumping (Malysz Adam you are not, young Padavan). Jumping so hard that I sprained me ankle (or at least thought so, 'cause it was ok the following day). The best were, if I were to pick three: "Can't stand losing you", "Every little thing she does is magic" and "Roxanne" (you can watch it below). It's good I had the chance to see them live as it was probably the last time they were in Poland (or at least until they run out of money and plan another reunion tour :) ). Put your hands up in the air...
We (together with Dziubelki - me bestest friends) then went to Tychy, to visit Mira's parents (Mira is the head of the Dziubelki family :p). Gosia and Grzegorz are one of the most positive people I have ever met. Really. We had golonko (though not the one we planned to have), loads of beer and Zoladkowa Gorzka (poor Dziubelek...). And from Tychy I went for yet another weekend in Krakow (I just can't get enough!!). Dziubelki and family: Ciocia Jola, Mira, Dziubelek,
Siostra Dziubelk (Ania), Brat Dziubelka (Paweł).
Though it should be Dziubel as he's a serious banker now :P

Cekin. Mira's dog. Lives in Tychy with Gosia and Grzesiu

My holiday leave did extend a bit but finally I was back in Iran. And am here since then. Get ready for the beginning of September as this is when I'll be back in Poland for another holiday. Cool, isn't it?
Ok. I gotta go. I am playing football tonight. Showing the Iranians what football really is. Teaching them the Polish way (though I doubt whether they are very fond of learning after our performance at the Euro). I'll be back soon and continue this trully exciting story. See you in a while...

I'm back. Scored 2 goals and had 1 assist (my team scored 7 in total). But they were all flukes :) Really. And the first game (we played 5 x 5minute games) was a disaster. I didn't know where I was or what I was doing. Really. But it's the heat. Yes, deffo. The heat and exhaustion of my organism. Yes, that's it :)
One thing is bothering me, though. The spiders that are apparently attacking my bedroom. At present they are sending recon squads (one spider at a time). Probably making tactical maps of my bed. But I am affraid they are planning a frontal attack since the recon spiders did not manage to get back to the Headquarters (buahahahahaha - it was a devilish laugh!!). So in order to revenge their brothers, they'll send a squad of well trained, navy spiders. I have to be ready for that. And I won't give up!!!
Not much more has happened since I got here. So you'll have to excuse me. I'll be on me way. Luv ya all. And miss ya!!
Take care...

3 comments:

zovka said...

Greetings from Koh Tao!
Im comming back here next year, so we can do some part of your super trip together^^

Anonymous said...

I thought you said there were no spiders...

Lukasz said...

these are merely spiders...They are small and innocent, though venomous as hell (I bet)...Unfortunatelly for them I try to explain them that they're not very welcome here ;>