Monday 28 May 2007

Itsy, bitsy spider...Big, black, bastards

Long time, no write I could say. And that is completelly right. I just did not have the time/the will/strength :) to write. But I hope to make up for it.
First of all Happy Birthday Matt.Don't really know the exact date but I know it was last week (I also know that saying happy birthday a week after the birthday itself, is a bit weird :) ).
Anyway. Anything you wish for!And thousands of miles for you to walk,fly,swim,drive, just travel...and one more thing.30 is just the beginning...
The friday before last I hoped to see something different than the camp or the Parvadeh mine.But my hopes were shattered. I had two reports to write,lots of technical documentation to look through and spent the day in my room. It was too hot to be outside.So another friday at home.
But then came one of most terrifying weeks in my life. I saw three spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
One of them on the road. And it was quite ok.we stared at eachother for some time and then went our ways. But then....Out of nowhere...A spider was in my bed!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!Imagine that.
I was going to lay meself in bed, i lifted the pillow and then he/she was. Big as a dragon, hairy as a mammoth (thanks to Zosia for the comparison :P) and ferocious as you can be. He was looking at me, eyes burning with fire, deep breaths, showed his big fangs and was ready to attack. But no, i did not fall for his pathetic games,i did not back out. I stayed there looking back at him. We stood like that for about 30 seconds I jumped to grab a newspaper to fight the bastard, but it just went somewhere. The result - since then I have been sleeping on the other bed in my room :)
And then a spider in my office. Big bastard as well. I though he was dead. Even wanted to make friends with him, gave him two flies but he rejected them. And the day after he was gone. The result - since then I have been checking my office carefully for spiders :)
But finally this Friday I made it out of the camp. With two mates from my room (one of them speaking farsi) and we headed for the Arg e Tabas. (the fortress of Tabas). In the city centre. a 600-year-old fortress made out of clay and its derivatives :) It's destroyed now but still nice. I now think I should've been an army commander in those days. I would have ordered 5 fire brigades to attack the fortress, flush it with water and win the war :) ah,dreams...
Then we went to Koriti (or something like that). Quite a big city, destroyed by an earthquake 150 years ago. It really was quite impressive. we were then chased by a herd of goats, but i bet they came in peace :) Then we went to the city. And decided to play it the hard way and have some Iranian ice cream :) (i've had Moroccon ice cream before and was ok). Strange they were, but nice quite. The force with me be.Listen to Yoda I had... :)
Then towards the mosque (I forgot the name). The pictures you can see in the first post. Though we did not enter it,yet...We ate a chicken kebab and guess what???Iranian food can be tasty!!Finally, the rumours were right. Though it was only just one incident I now assume than Iranian food is edible :) and hope to experience more of it.And that was the end of my free day. quite eventful, i know look like a boiled cancer :) burn can the sun, know i now...
On sunday we had an influx of new polish personnel. and i am responsible for them now.only 10 people experienced miners and such an inexperienced person is telling them what and why and when :) but they're ok.and i am preparing to replace the Administrative Manager when he goes on holiday in 3 weeks time...who's gonna be the daddy then? :)
oh, and of course.i almost forgot to write.
I went underground.for 4 hours!
250 meters underground.was ok.but now i am a miner :)!!!!
4th of December is my day!!i can officially get pissed :)
and one more thing.a big influx of new persian personnel...my god...our only hope is that they aren ot going to kill themselves.really.they are nice people but .....I say we but mean the mining managers.anyway.according to Persian supervisors they are ready to go underground and work.yeah,sure...one of them got hit by a hammer that was being used by his friend...so imagine what can happen when they work with 350Bar pressure...
but we are hopeful and maybe they're going to be alright.maybe...inshallah they say :)
I know I promised pictures.but it still was impossible.maybe i'll post some next time.
4th and 5th of June are supposed to be free and if they are i hope to go to Yazd.supposedly nice and impressive.hope it will be possible.
ok.motashakeram for reading and khoda hafez friends.till next time...
p.s.
Tabas can be nice. Especially in the evening, at dawn. It is surrounded by mountains and when the sun is setting it really looks nice :) Though maybe i'll have enough of it in 3 months time :)
p.s.s.
I have officially been given holidays from the 3rd of August till the 17th.it is subject to change but hopefully i'll be in Poland then.that is of course if i get a work permit and taking under consideration the 'fardo/pas fardo' way of how Iranians perform their duties, it may be not so sure :)
p.s.s.s.
.ok,over and out

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

pierwszy! ;)

Anonymous said...

druga!! na na na na na ....

Anonymous said...

TO BEZ SĘSU ISZ LOPEZ NAPIZAŁ RZE JEST PIERFSZY SKORO ON JEST SZYPKI LOPEZ I ZAFŻE JEST PIERFSZY

Anonymous said...

Mosque of Husanyiah, tak sie nazywa ten meczet:))
ale dluuuuugi post, ale to dobrze ze tak duzo sie dzieje:)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8orUaCJ0GY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcUZyEXLnYA

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDia-3RwQvU

:D:D:D

Anonymous said...

Co to ma byc to mowienie niby jak Yoda? Ani to specjalnie zabawne ani tez odkrywcze. zenujace dosc. Rozczarowalem sie Toba Lukaszu. Twoj Tomasz.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices seeking the boots are all over 330 bucks on every page. But finally I found this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices for the boots were approximately 220 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices as regards the boots are around 200 pounds on every page. But finally I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices as regards the velcros are about 340 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what do you think?